The Killers - Sawdust















SAWDUST
The Killers

From the moment I first heard the opening note of the song Mr. Brightside, it brought out something in me I haven't felt in a while. I immediately got hooked on The Killers' sound. After devouring the songs on Hot Fuss, and it's follow up Sam's Town, I got excited upon hearing the news that Sawdust was being released. Sawdust is technically "a compilation of rerecorded B-sides, rarities, covers and remixes". It's in the raw tracks like these where you see how good this band is. Take Shadowplay for example. This is a cover of the original song by Joy Electric. Even though it's a cover, The Killers add their own touch of class to make it one of the best hits of the year. I remember having a conversation with someone who said they are going too commercial. This latest album should crush any ideas of them going that route. Either way you look at it, this is a generous catalog of songs by The Killers for their fans. And on the inside cover of the CD, it's the fans that they dedicate this album to.

No comments: