The Bible!

The Bible is a book that stirs up different feelings for different people. Some people loathe it; some hold it in the highest regard. Some think that its fiction and some find it to be a series of texts that are literal documents to support their faith. As a believer, the Bible is a comforting book, yet it’s confusing at the same time. I’ve wrestled with a lot of the stories I’ve read. Some have made me laugh, some have strengthened my faith, and some have made me doubt. But overall, I am fascinated by it. After saying all this here are some versions of the Bible that I’ve found to be helpful.












The Jesus Storybook Bible
Every Story Whispers His Name
By: Sally Lloyd-Jones

Now this isn’t a real “Bible”. But as a father raising a son, I think this is an amazing book to share with a kid who is learning about faith. It is pretty straight-forward and really has some cool illustration by a guy named “Jago”. The writer of the stories in here is Sally Lloyd-Jones, and she brings a fresh perspective to these Biblical stories. I definitely recommend it to anyone who is looking for a book to share with their kids. I even admit that some of the stories have given me a new way of looking at the biblical texts!














The Message//REMIX 2.0

This is a funny version to read, yet I love it. It doesn’t change any of the meanings in the Bible (although some critics will tell you otherwise). It’s just translated into everyday modern language. It always gives you something to ponder, and really makes reading the Bible fun without “watering it down”. It does take some getting used to, especially if you’re used to the “Thee’s” and “Thou’s”. But overall, it’s a version that has changed the way I read the Bible in a good way.

No comments: