The Hangover Part II - DVD













I'm glad I didn't pay to see this in the theater. I definitely do not consider myself a film snob. I am very generous when it comes to giving films a chance that others may hate. Having said that, I think Hangover II sucks. Yep, rarely do I give a scathing review as I try to pull the good out of most films I watch. But man, I was disappointed with this one. Considering that I thought the first Hangover was one of the best comedies I've seen in a while, part II would be its evil twin brother. Most of the jokes seemed forced, and the pace was too damn slow. It did have funny scenes and even topped the first one as far as shock value. But just because you have shock value doesn't always mean it'll be funny. When they push the shock value without any REAL comedy behind it, it winds up being FLAT. What made the first one so great is that it had lots of shock value AND equal amounts of great comedy to go with it. Thumbs down for Hangover II. They should've just stopped where they ended in Vegas.

No comments: