ROMANCING THE STONE: LIMITED EDITION SOUNDTRACK (La-La Land Records)




I remember seeing Romancing The Stone on VHS around 1984. Although I was a fairly young kid at the time, I was absolutely amazed by this film. There was a certain charm the film had that really drew me in. It had a little of everything. Adventure! Romance! And who could forget "Pepe, the Mule"!

Fast forward 33 years, and it is still one of my favorite films.

Not only is it one of my favorite films, but it has one of the most memorable, catchy soundtracks ever. Alan Silvestri is a man that needs no introduction. He has composed so many epic movie scores that it's hard to keep up with. But did you know that this was his first major score? You wouldn't think so just listening to it. This soundtrack has got such a snappy, cool, jazzy, and heartwarming feel to it.

Thanks to the fine people at La-La Land Records, we can now revisit this classic score. They've released a limited edition (2000 copies) CD that has all the tracks from this beloved film, and includes an inside cover that makes this a true collectible. One thing I noticed about La-La Land Records is that they don't just put out quality CD releases of some great retro films. They also make sure to include a nice booklet inside the CD case with some more facts about the movie. That makes their CD's much more valuable in my opinion. 

It was so great to give this one a listen again, and be taken back to the Jack and Joan's adventure in Columbia. 

Overall, this is one gem put out by La-La Land. 


No comments: