6 Degrees of Sufjan Stevens







Remember the game 6 Degrees Of Kevin Bacon? Where you'd link any celebrity back to Kevin Bacon? Well since I've become familiar with Sufjan Stevens' music, I've discovered some other artists that I would have never known if not for him (actually, the book Body Piercing Saved My Life mentioned them too, which made me more curious to listen). Two artists that I'm talking about are Danielson and Soul-Junk. Sufjan used to play in the band Danielson Famile, which is the name Danielson used to go by. Soul-Junk has ties to Daniel Smith (Danielson), who's record label Sounds Familyre released a few of SJ's albums. Check them out for some very unique sounds. You won't find many artists who are as eclectic as they are. Danielson's album Ships and Soul-Junk's 1958 are both very good (I'll post something on them soon).

1 comment:

Anna said...

I checked out the site....there is some good stuff on there. And you are right...very unique. Thanks for letting me know about it. :)