Fewer Moving Parts












David Bazan
Fewer Moving Parts

David Bazan is the kind of guy you'd either love or hate. If you're a conservative Christian, some of Dave's lyrics would probably make you cringe and say he's from the devil. On the other hand, if you are someone who struggles daily with your life and faith, or even if you aren't a believer at all, then you'd probably appreciate his songs as he takes a "bullshit free" approach in writing his music. I'm a little late in the game to discover his music. So after I read "Body Piercing Saved My Life", I wanted to hear his songs as I found myself relating to him alot in the book. So I checked out his solo EP "Fewer Moving Parts". The first half of the album are studio tracks, while the second are stripped down acoustic versions of the songs. The guy has a laid back style when singing that sometimes resembles Chris Martin of Coldplay, but never copies. Each track carries a sound that fits in more with the indie rock scene than it does mainstream. If you're familiar with Dave, then you probably won't be let down by this collection of songs. If you're not, then it might do you good to check out this innovative album.

No comments: