Superman: Last Son












Superman has never been one of my favorite heroes. He always seemed like too much of a "nice guy". But since I always felt guilty for not liking him that much (I know, how un-American of me), I never completely shut the door on the Man of Steel. I was pleasantly surprised with Smallville when it came out, which I enjoy a lot. So I guess you can say that show restored my faith a bit in Superman. Recently, I read the hardcover version of the graphic novel Superman: Last Son. Anyone familiar with the Superman series knows that Clark Kent is the last son of Krypton, or so we thought. This story picks up when a mysterious boy lands on earth and it turns out he’s from Krypton! Superman develops a connection with the boy and goes out of his way to protect him. But he has no clue the secret that the boy holds. Last Son brings back movie director Richard Donner to contribute to the story. There are plenty of great battles that occur here, with Superman fighting against most of his foes. Lex Luthor, Bizarro, and General Zod are some of the forces that threaten Superman and his beloved Metropolis. As for the illustrations, they were awesome. There’s even a pair of 3D glasses included with the book to help read one of the sections done in 3D. Yeah, Superman is always going to be a “nice guy”. But like in this story, he’s a nice guy that can kick some serious ass...

No comments: