Friday the 13th (DVD)











You’d think by now that old age would slow down Jason Voorhees, but apparently it hasn’t. I’m sure a lot of people rolled their eyes when hearing about this remake. Although I was tempted to when I first heard about it, I’m glad I waited to watch it before making any opinion. I just checked out the DVD and I was very pleased. This one has all the elements of what made the originals so damn good. The movie makers obviously treated this one with some respect by not sabotaging the franchise. What I was very glad to see is that there were hardly any goofy moments thrown in like there were in some of the older ones. There was lots of sex and gore as you’d expect, but this one also had a much more serious tone which reminded me of the very first one. When I watch a horror film I want to see lots of scary moments rather than too much gore. That’s what makes Japanese horror films so good. Well this one is gory, but it’s got some scary moments that stick with you after watching. And that’s what makes a horror film great. After seeing this I am interested in seeing how they will follow it up. But for now, this will be one I reach for when I’m in the mood for a great scary movie.

No comments: