Gran Torino (DVD)











This movie took me by surprise. I didn't think it would hit me as hard as it did. I'm not a big fan of Clint Eastwood's films, but Gran Torino changed my opinion of him quickly. Here he plays a tough as nails Korean War vet named Walt Kowalski. This guy Walt has got more balls than most male characters you've seen in the movies. Walt is a bitter old timer that carries a lot of emotional baggage. Ironically, with all his prejudices against Asians, he lives in a predominantly Asian neighborhood. However, those prejudices change when he develops a friendship with a teenage neighbor after his life is threatened by a local gang. This movie is a picture of what true courage and sacrifice look like. It'll make you angry, and maybe make you cry. But one thing it'll do is inspire you. If you haven't seen this great film yet, I highly recommend doing so now!

No comments: