The Best Of Depeche Mode, Volume 1












Depeche Mode
"The Best Of Depeche Mode, Volume 1"

I must admit, I’m a sucker for the synth! A song could sound like complete shit, but if they add in a little synth, my perspective of it will change. The only down side to that is I can be biased to those kinds of songs. So when checking out The Best Of Depeche Mode, Volume 1, I really had to do my best to not have any bias. Now, putting aside the facts that I’ve always loved their music, and that they’re the kings of synth, I really wanted to dig into this album and find out why I like them. I found that I relate so much to what they sing about. Along with the infectious melodies, there is real depth to their songs, whether they are singing about relationships, or the ups and downs in life, which most people can relate to. All the popular hits like Personal Jesus, Enjoy The Silence, and Strangelove are here, reminding us how revolutionary this band is. There's also a nice surprise with their new track Martyr. It’s a rocking, synthelicious song, showing they still have it in them to put out more great tunes. Hopefully, with the recent explosion of 80’s influenced music, we’ll hear more from DM, and that this album doesn’t signify the end of their career.

3 comments:

John Three Thirty said...

heh heh, I had a roommate in college who was a DM freak. This post reminded me of that.

Anonymous said...

I love Depeche Mode, great retro band.

SEO Elite

John Three Thirty said...

hey bro,

You being a musical dude and all, thought you might find this article interesting:

http://www.spiritmag.com/features/ft2.php