We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank












Modest Mouse
We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank

This is one of these CD's I can't decide how I feel about it. I mean, there's the song Dashboard that caught my attention on the radio, which prompted me to get the album. But the rest of the songs are... I don't know. Sometimes the lead singer sounds like he's stoned or drunk out of his mind just goofing off on the microphone. He sounds like a drunk version of the singer for Talking Heads. It's not that it's a bad album, but I think it's one of those albums that you have to be in the right frame of mind, or a die hard fan, to enjoy. I guess if you're already a big fan of Modest Mouse, then you'd probably enjoy the album. If you're not already familiar with them, then I wouldn't start with We Were Dead Before The Ship Even Sank. Although the song Dashboard is a very catchy song, so I would recommend checking it out. But hey, I give them credit for trying to do something different other than "the norm".

No comments: