M.I.A.












This a jungle banger, I said cold jammer
I'm bored of banana want gwanabana
I gon warm my buns this summer summer
Coz I'm sitting down chillin on gun powder
Strike match light fire, who's that girl called Maya
M.I.A. coming back with power power
I said M.I.A. is coming back with power power
I said M.I.A. is coming back with power power!!


-from the song Bamboo Banga

M.I.A.
Kala

Damn I love this album. Where to begin about M.I.A.? She grew up in Sri Lanka and London. She uses her A.D.D. (who doesn't have A.D.D.?) to create music in which she raps, chants lyrics in Jamaican lingo, and makes her own beats. Sound interesting? Well it is. This is also not some mindless club music that is only good for the beats. If you tune into what she's saying in her songs, you'll find some socially/politically conscious lyrics in there. For a girl who grew up in a war torn area before moving to London, she sure as hell used those experiences to her advantage. A very gritty and eclectic piece of art. You'll just have to listen for yourself.

No comments: