Weezer












Weezer

It's a risk to go against what's popular and "cool", especially for musicians. For example, it's quite easy to go with a trend just to sell a few million albums. People will eat it up at first, but then it'll be forgotten after some time. Weezer has defied that way of doing things with their latest self titled album called Weezer. Known for creating catchy rock tunes that have lyrics dripping with sarcasm, they continue that likeable quality on this release. A perfect example is on the popular hit Pork and Beans where they sing, "I'm a do the things that I want to do/I ain't got a thing to prove to you." It's hard to get that chorus out of your head after hearing it a few times. In fact, after giving the album a few listens, it really grows on you. Certain songs could pop in your head at any given moment, and it'll be damn hard to get them out. The songs Troublemaker, Dreamin', and Thought I Knew are a few that I find swirling in my head quite frequently. After hearing Weezer's music since the 90's, I think this is a more enjoyable collection of songs compared to some of their older stuff. It shows that they are definitely not ready to quit just yet, and they can even make singing a song called Pork and Beans look cool.

No comments: