Notorious Sountrack











It’s a new album, but one that takes me back to a great time in my life. A big part of my teenage years and going into my first years of adulthood were spent listening to music by Notorious B.I.G. When his first album came out in 1993, I was a junior in High School and it wore out my speakers. After hearing that album I knew that this was one gifted emcee. Now we have the Notorious Soundtrack. I hesitate to call it a “Greatest Hits” since there are some other great tracks of his that were left off. However, this album does have some of his best like Hypnotize, Juicy, and Notorious Thugs including some rare demos like Guaranteed Raw and Microphone Murderer. Jay-Z also contributes to the soundtrack with Brooklyn Go Hard. It’s not one of Jay’s best, but a decent addition to the soundtrack. Overall, the Notorious Soundtrack is one that showcases some of Biggie’s best songs over a career that was ended way too fast.

No comments: