Underworld Trilogy (DVD)











If you've been following the Underworld series from the beginning, then you'd know that there's a side story about the forbidden love between Lucian, the original Lycan and Sonja, the daughter of evil vampire ruler Viktor. Up until Rise Of The Lycans, none of the movies went into further detail about this love affair. Now, fans of this awesome series have an entire movie surrounding this story to answer any questions they may have had. I never thought I’d actually have sympathy for Werewolves until I watched this! I knew Viktor was a wicked leader, but I really got to see how deep the evil is floating through his veins in Rise Of The Lycans. Along with the film’s focus on the love story is the story of Lucian’s upbringing. It was interesting to see him born into a life of slavery, then turn into a liberator for the oppressed Lycans as an adult. Think of him as a Werewolf version of Moses from the Old Testament! Being the Underworld fan that I am, I had high hopes for this film. Overall, Rise Of The Lycans went ahead and surpassed my expectations. The filmmakers really put the time into making a smart and thrilling film to end the trilogy. Speaking of the trilogy, the 3-disc set that contains all the Underworld films is a real treat for us fans. It’s rare that you get an entire trilogy packed into one case, but this one has them all along with tons of special features.

Check it out!

No comments: