THE UNINVITED (DVD)











To call this movie a horror film would be false advertising.

Although you’d be tempted to think that The Uninvited is a horror film, it’s not. Thriller? Yes. Horror? No.

I was looking forward to seeing The Uninvited when it was out in theaters, but never found the time. Now that it’s out on DVD I got the chance to see it, and it’s not what I expected. I expected the next best film to The Ring the way this was promoted. The previews made it look creepy as hell and very intriguing. It did have a couple of freaky scenes, but nothing to the extent of films like The Ring. If I had to sum it up in one line I’d say that the story behind The Uninvited is awesome, but the acting ruined it. Nothing against the actors in the film, it’s just the intensity that was needed by the cast in a film like this was lacking. The one redeeming moment of the film came at the end with the “shocking twist" which wrapped it up quite well. Speaking of the ending, the DVD offers an alternate ending which in my opinion isn’t as good as the regular one. Other than that, The Uninvited has its chilling moments, but could have been so much better.

No comments: