Grace, and other musings

So I'm here taking up space in this universe, and I have no idea why. What I mean to say is that I have no idea how I'm still alive, considering my past (and present too). I love the word "Grace". It means different things to different people, To some it's a name, to others a prayer before dinner. To me it's my existence. That is the only reason to explain why I'm still here. Sometimes I revisit my memories, and they scare the shit out of me, but at the same time make me grateful to God for allowing me to live. Here's some evidence of grace in my life:

  • Going through severe depression and feeling like I was losing my fucking mind at 25, and being able to get through that period of my life. Grace
  • Smoking weed, tripping on acid, doing cocaine, drinking heavily in high school, and not getting addicted to any of those. Grace
  • Having a wife who continuously loves me, as messed up as I am, and as much as I drive her nuts. Grace
  • Constantly feeling like a failure as a dad, and then seeing how much my son loves being with me. Grace


How has grace been manifested in your life?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh you know I feel ya man!

How has grace been manifested in your life?

My list would go on and on and on. I am insane, but every now and then God pulls a bodysnatcher thing with me and he just comes in takes over and does a bunch of really cool stuff and that is just what I live for. When you say stuff and you are life, who was that? Dude, I think Jesus just showed up. Holy awesome batman. That's grace yo, because I know better than anyone that if anything good comes out my mouth, it ain't me. I am a Jersey girl...you know exaclty what that means. I am a loud, pushy, opiinated, mouthy know it all pain in the ass and Jesus still loves me anyway. Grace.