The Study Of Man...












Night Kills The Day
"The Study Of Man"

No, this is not going to be a post about biology. But I will write about a band that is contributing to the evolution of music. There's an up-and-coming band called Night Kills The Day, and they are releasing a new album in March. And it's going to be a hot one. Coming from NYC, these guys might just top The Strokes and The Bravery as the best rock band out of the Big Apple. I came to this conclusion after listening to a promotional copy of the album. They remind me of a modern day Pink Floyd combined with Depeche Mode. There's a lot of bands now who try and copy the 80's style of music. Then there's bands like Night Kills The Day who sound more natural in the way they bring an 80's influence into their songs. It makes their work more authentic, rather than an effort that just winds up being trendy. Expect to hear more about these guys.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I recently was turned on to this band too, and I think that they are really great. they seem very real in a musical world where that is lacking. I think that you are right, they could definitely be the biggest thing out of NYC this decade at least. And I can't wait to get the whole album.

Anonymous said...

night kills the day is the best band i have heard since the cure!! i am not a huge rock fan but i have grown up listening to the cure and doors to name a few and this band mos def meets the requirements of a great band!! good luck!!

MJ said...

Hey SE, This is totally irrelevant to your post, but since you are the cool music expert, I just put up a song I wrote on

http://www.myspace.com/mjickowski

I would love to hear what you thought of it. Bear in mind that We recorded it in 2 hours with our cheap equipment and that it is a WIP.

Anonymous said...

Hey dude. Burst_Into_Life here. Have you given up on the "Bored"? Lol. You're one of the few I enjoy chatting with. :( You may be just busy...bt who knows...in case you don't go on there anymore, check it out. I "whispered" my msn addy so we can keep in touch re: my potential eatery. Best to you and your wife!! :)