Hideyuki Kikuchi's Vampire Hunter D Volume 1













I just got done reading through Vampire Hunter D Volume 1. I have to admit, I am continually amazed at the quality of art that's put out by the Japanese. Unless you've been living in a cave, you've probably noticed the Anime craze that has swept Western culture. And with good reason it has. Anime has strecthed the limits in how far you can go in creating good animation. Now I am not a die hard Anime fan, but I have a great appreciation for it. When Anime first started making waves in American entertainment, there were two titles that made an impression on me. They were Ninja Scroll and Vampire Hunter D. Vampire Hunter D really satisfied my appetite for a good vampire story, along with it's cutting edge animation. Now, DMP (Digital Manga Publishing) has released Volume 1 in it's book version of this amazing story. The mysterious figure known as "D" comes alive in this book, just as he did when he kicked vampire ass in the show. Along with the great line of vampire hunters we have been introduced to in books and films, this messianic character "D" comes to redeem a group of people oppressed of savage vampires. And with the detailed illustration and engaging story in this book, "D" takes us on a wild journey through this classic vampire story.

Now the wait is on for Volume 2...

No comments: