Beverly Hills Chihuahua (DVD)











I have a confession. I love dogs, but hate Chihuahuas. They look like oversized rats. And even after watching Disney’s Beverly Hills Chihuahua (or should I say chee-WOW-wa), I still don’t like them. But I have another confession. I really enjoyed this movie. What a surprise! I remember seeing the previews for this and thinking it was going to be a mediocre family film. Well, it actually wound up being an entertaining comedy! Disney got together just the right cast to provide the voices for the pooches. Drew Barrymore, Andy Garcia, Edward James Olmos, and (my favorite) George Lopez all fit their “doggie” roles well. The film did a good job at poking fun at the spoiled brat lifestyle that exists among the "elite". I liked the whole “riches to rags, then back to riches” theme where the main dog Chloe learned some important lessons. Overall, this was a fun film that both kids and adults can enjoy, even if you don’t like Chihuahuas. And on the DVD, be sure to check out the special animated short called Legend of the Chihuahua!

No comments: