PINOCCHIO: 70TH ANNIVERSARY EDITION (DVD)











Pinocchio is 70 years old. I know he doesn’t look like it, but he is. To celebrate, a 70th Anniversary Platinum Edition DVD set was released by Disney. I remember seeing this film quite a bit as a kid and having a love/hate relationship with it. I liked it for the classic animation and soundtrack, but hated the way it made me feel like a bad kid. Whenever the part came where he turned into a donkey, I thought that’s what would happen to me if I wasn’t a “good boy”!!! It’s pretty funny looking back to that time. But seriously, this is one of the most legendary Disney films ever. For its anniversary, Disney gave it some royal treatment with this DVD set. The special 2-disc Blu-ray version also includes a standard DVD disc and some great special features. The one feature that stood out to me is Pinocchio’s Matter of Facts, where random facts about the film and other subjects will pop on the screen while you watch the movie. It could get annoying for some people the way it blocks part of the screen, but I didn't mind it at all. This new DVD also marks the first time the film’s been released in High Definition. The good news out of all this is that viewers now have the chance to see Pinocchio like never before. The bad news is that it’s only available for a limited time. So I recommend checking it out before they pull it from the shelves!

No comments: