No Country For Old Men: Collector’s Edition (DVD)











“Huh?”

That's what went through my head at the end of No Country For Old Men. Up until that point, the movie was great. There was some memorable dialogue, a thought provoking story, but the ending took away from what was already a great film. I won’t reveal any spoilers, but I felt it was too sudden. Other than that, this is one thrilling cat-and-mouse chase of a film. I just got through the Collector’s Edition DVD that was just released and it is a fine set to own. The 3 disc set contains the film plus over 5 hours of features AND a special digital copy of the movie. Like with most DVD bonus features, there’s the usual “Making Of” feature, which this one has. But the highlight of the bonus features for me was Josh Brolin’s (who had the best role, in my opinion) Unauthorized Behind-The-Scenes. This was a funny “behind the scenes” look at the film with some very sarcastic comments (all in good fun) made by the cast, including a very stoned looking Woody Harrelson. It was interesting to watch the cast of this very serious film goofing around and poking fun at each other. Overall, this is truly a great set to own for any fan of the movie.

I’m still not happy about the ending though.

No comments: