MUTEMATH - ARMISTICE











I’ve waited too long for this release. For most MuteMath fans, the anticipation for their second album was crazy. Now, we finally have Armistice. When I first got the album, I had to play it a few times to let it sink in. I expected a much more energetic album that was going to blow away the first. I wouldn’t go as far as saying that Armistice blew away their debut, but it is a more mature sound for a band that has a reputation for pushing boundaries. It’s hard to live up to ANY high expectation that is either put on you by others, or by yourself. With Armistice, I think MuteMath knew all eyes were on them leading up to its release. No matter what you think of their debut album, you shouldn’t compare it to Armistice. Why? Well you’ll miss out on a well produced, solid album from one of the industry’s most talented artists. Standout tracks for me were The Nerve, Backfire, Armistice and the amazing closing track Burden.

No comments: