THE KEVIN SMITH COLLECTION (Blu-ray)











One of NJ’s finest!

Being that I’m from NJ, I take pride when I see Jersey boys make it big. I remember seeing a little known film called Clerks back in the 90’s. It blew me away. The dialogue and comedy was perfection. When I found out the filmmaker was from NJ, it was one of those “A-ha” moments. Suddenly I saw the film in a different light. I saw characters in the film that reminded me of people that I grew up with. It was then that I became somewhat of a Clerks fanatic. Ok, enough rambling for now. Let’s get down to business: THE KEVIN SMITH COLLECTION on Blu-ray. If you love K-Smith’s films as much as I do, then you will NOT be let down with this set. On here are new Blu-ray Editions of Clerks and Chasing Amy, along with Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back. I remember the days of renting these on VHS, so to see these remastered versions was truly an awesome experience. The video quality never looked better. Each individual disc contains HOURS of entertainment with the film and all the bonus features. These aren’t really the kind of movies you need to watch on Blu-ray to really get the film. It’s the witty dialogue and trademark humor that does the trick all by itself. But what makes this set really stand out is the BONUS FEATURES. I am not kidding when I say that I spent hours glued to the TV with these extra features. The Clerks disc has a really long feature showing you how Clerks eventually became the cult classic that it is today. You get to see pieces of Kevin Smith’s life growing up, interviews with friends and family and much more. The Chasing Amy disc has some really great Q&A with the cast, giving you further insight into Kevin’s neurotic relationship issues that inspired this great film! Jay & Silent Bob Strike Back (their “selling out” film”) has commentary with Kevin Smith, Scott Mosier and Jason Mewes, Deleted Scenes, a gag reel, and lots more.

I guess I’m biased because of the fact that I consider myself a K-Smith movie buff. But seriously, this set is one of the best that I’ve come across. Overall, I consider this one a big hit.

SHNOOGENS!

No comments: