Armor For Sleep












Smile For Them
Armor For Sleep

So there is emo that's enjoyable! Now I hate to admit this, but I am NOT a fan of emo music, at all. A lot of it sounds the same and lacks real substance. Well I found a band that proved my stereotypes wrong (I still don't like emo though!). The first time I heard them was on the Transformers soundtrack. Didn't know much about them at all. Their name is Armor For Sleep. I guess they would be thrown in the emo category, but they're music is different than most of the other whiny emo bands that appeal to pre-teens. They also get extra cool points for being from my home state NJ. On their new album Smile For Them, they create an album using witty lyricism and catchy instrumentals all throughout. One example is on Williamsburg, where they sing tongue-in-cheek about the hipster mecca known as Williamsburg, Brooklyn. I got a real kick out of it when they sang:

Passed out, sleeping at your party
Dream of leaving in the morning
You will all die in Williamsburg
Too hip to even clean your nose out
Your grave is pulling at your pants now
You will all die in Williamsburg



Hold The Door is another standout track which takes a more serious note compared to Williamsburg. Overall, a nice album by these boys from NJ.

No comments: