Everything Must Change












Everything Must Change
Brian McLaren

Start on page 77. That's what my advice would be to anyone reading the book. The first 76 pages almost bored me to death with the statistics, science facts, etc. Ok, maybe I'm being a bit harsh. But I can't lie. I almost fell asleep at certain parts, especially when I couldn't figure out if I was reading a biology or sociology book. (Snore)

I'm a bit disappointed becuase I like Brian McLaren's books. Some of the stuff he writes has me feeling like he can explain the jumbled thoughts in my head. But this one just didn't do it for me. No doubt, there are some valuable pieces of info to pick up in this. He covered some heavy topics dealing with the main social issues of our time. And he gets props, in my opinion, for speaking out on things that most people don't touch. It's just the way it was written was, well, boring. I can see where he was trying to go with this book, but I held my breath too many times waiting for it to kick in.

Maybe next time Brian.

No comments: