Wall-E and Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? (Plug and Play)

I'm an old school video game guy from the 80’s, so I can still appreciate easier to play games. That's why I love these Plug and Play games by Jakks Pacific. You don't need a bunch of extra cables, controllers, or software to play them. You just take them out of the box, put in some batteries, and plug them into the TV. That's it.

With holiday shopping already going full speed ahead, I thought I'd mention two new Plug and Play games. I played these at home and both are loads of fun.











The first is Wall-E. Based on the animated Disney/Pixar film, you get to help Wall-E navigate the treacherous trash terrain or help him escape the Axiom ship. What’s cool about this is that instead of a plain old joystick, you play the game using a robot replica of Wall-E. If you enjoyed the movie, then you’ll probably have lots of fun playing this. Also, the graphics and sound are pretty advanced for a little game like this, which is definitely a plus. The target ages are 6 and above, but Wall-E can be enjoyed all the way up to the 30 and older crowd.











Next up is the Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? game. If you want to find out how smart (or dumb) you are, test your knowledge by trying to win the million dollar prize. Based on the game show, this game asks you questions on subjects ranging from math, science, history, geography and social studies. I’m ashamed to admit that this game showed me how much I didn’t know. My 9 year old son faired much better than I did, as he was the first one to make it to the million dollar prize. So if you have kids in the 4th or 5th grade, you’ll notice a lot of the questions asked are exactly what they’re learning in class. Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? is a fun way to brush up on all the stuff you forgot from elementary school. Also, it’s a great opportunity for kids to make their parents look like fools! Haha! It’s all in good fun...

No comments: