Shiny Toy Guns - Season Of Poison












It’s been 2 years since the last Shiny Toy Guns album. For those of us waiting to hear something new from the band, they recently released the album Season Of Poison. Besides having a catchy album title, the songs here show that Shiny Toy Guns didn’t fall into a sophomore slump like so many artists do. It’s always hard for an artist to capture that same magic that made their debut album work. While Season Of Poison is no We Are Pilots, it is a good album. The band didn’t stray too far away from the sound that made their last album so good. One notable change is new band member Sisely Treasure being added to replace former vocalist Carah Faye Charnow. You’ll remember Carah from songs like Le Disko and You Are The One. With her gone, Sisely does a decent job taking over the role. At first listen, the album didn't really hit me the way I thought it would. But for some reason, after the 2nd and 3rd time playing it, it hit me in a subtle way that it’s really a good album. Maybe it was the song Money For That, or the aggressive sounding Ricochet! that got my attention. But whatever the reason was, I found myself really enjoying it Season Of Poison. With We Are Pilots and now Season Of Poison under their belts, I don’t expect this band to slow down anytime soon…

No comments: