Angry Conversations With God - Susan Isaacs











I’m usually skeptical of spiritual memoirs. A lot of times it’s the formulaic “My life hit rock bottom/ Now my life is great with God/ Let me show you how it’s done”. I wind up getting turned off by those kinds of memoirs. Susan Isaacs' self proclaimed “snarky but authentic spiritual memoir” titled Angry Conversations with God is nothing like what I mentioned above. I thoroughly enjoyed this very raw and honest story of Susan’s struggles in her life and faith. Not many books like this can grab my attention and hold it for the entire book. But this one did. It’s a book that can make you laugh on one page, then become very serious the next. Not since Traveling Mercies and Blue Like Jazz have I enjoyed a book like this. Reading this book is one of those rare instances where you feel like you can relate to exactly what the author’s describing. But don’t just take my word for it. Check it out for yourself and see!

No comments: