Watchmen (DVD)











When one of the best graphic novels of all time gets made into a movie, you better believe expectations are going to be high.

I know I’m probably in the minority, but let me start off by saying this is my favorite movie adaptation of a graphic novel. I’ve heard a lot of the negative comments and I wholeheartedly disagree with them. For one, Watchmen is such a complex story that it’s damn near impossible to include everything. However, I was SHOCKED during the film at how accurate it is to the book! The story was fresh in my mind since I read it about a month before watching the film on DVD. As far as the film being accurate to the story, it is dead-on. Now, I know the ending was different than the book. But it really fit in with the way the film was done. This is not your typical “superhero” film, so don’t expect it to play by the same rules as most others do. Watchmen is dark, violent, and has some pretty steamy sex scenes just like the book. That’s why it earned itself a big fat R-rating. Overall, I thought the movie was awesome and a lot better than I expected it to be.

No comments: