Burnt out with the U2 hype...









Now honestly, tell me what makes U2 so good. I always seem to clash with people when I state that I think U2 is overrated (I've learned that U2 fans are very protective of their band). Now, before there's any confusion, I never said or thought they were bad musicians. I just think they're overrated. When I hear their songs, I never get that "connection" that people say they get with them. To me, they're average songs. As a person and a songwriter, I think Bono's cool. But what makes them as good as the hype that follows them? Is it Bono's charisma? Edge's guitar playing? What is it that got you into them? Or has it become trendy to jump on the U2 bandwagon? And if you happen to agree with me, by all means post why you think they're overrated. This needs to get settled, once and for all!

Stop delaying, click the comment button and speak your mind...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

From my perspective, the U2 phenomenon began a long time ago... with the CD/cassette "The Joshua Tree".

The sound was literally unheard of... I mean, how many times since the mid to late 80's has U2 been mimicked & ripped off? They literally started their own style of music, that helped many of the 90's alternative bands find their sound.

Edge's guitar style was simplistic, in an age of Eddie VanHalen clones... and the world ate it up.

Had they continued on that course, the light would have gone out. Instead, they still kept reinventing themselves and their style... all-the-while maintaining a consistent message.

That's pretty bold.

I don't believe liking U2 is a bandwagon thing. I personally think slamming U2 is the fad-du-jour... They're an easy target.

I'm not a U2 fanatic. But I believe their impact on modern music culture is remarkable.

****** said...

I see you are a Kevin Max fan....interesting.