Mobile: Live at Maxwells (Hoboken, NJ)









Hoboken has become legendary as the town where Frank Sinatra is from (and now as a place where the cost of living is getting way too expensive). Nestled firmly inside this little town across the river from NYC is a club called Maxwells. Maxwells has a reputation in North Jersey for hosting good shows. Well, last friday (July 20th), the Canadian band Mobile put on a show there. So far, I've been to three shows at Maxwells, and to be honest, the sound system sucks. Maybe it's just me, I don't know. Well despite the sound system, Mobile came out and put on a good show. They opened with the song Montreal Calling, and worked their way through a set that ended with the track See Right Through Me. They had good chemistry on stage and the lead vocalist Mat Joly sang in a way that reminded me of a certain guy from U2. I didn't realize his voice was that high until I heard them live. Despite the beef that I have with Maxwells, Mobile put on a show worth seeing.

No comments: