Avatar Book 3 Volume 3 (DVD)











Avatar Book 3 Volume 3

Lately, it seems that everywhere I go, the little bald dude from Avatar is staring at me. He's at toy shops, book stores, etc. Chances are, you have seen him too. Well his name is Aang, and he is no ordinary kid. This Buddhist monk look-alike is a type of savior figure with extraordinary powers. I had my first chance to watch Avatar on the latest DVD release, Avatar Book 3 Volume 3. I actually ended up enjoying the show a lot. What seemed like a kid's show, which is probably misleading because of the Nickelodeon logo, is actually something adults can enjoy too. There are action scenes galore that combine martial arts with mystical powers. The world that exists in Avatar has a strong Asian influence, with everything from the outfits to ancient relics. It didn't matter that I missed the first two volumes (which I'll eventually check out). What grabbed my attenton on Book 3 Volume 3 was how
the story jumped right into action with some really cool battles. Along with the action, there's a little playful humor thrown in, which is expected since most of the cast members are kids. But like I said earlier, this is a DVD that kids and adults can enjoy.

Avatar Book 3 Volume 3 is out now on DVD.

No comments: