Mute Math - Spotlight EP











Mute Math fans have been hungry for some new material. As we wait for the new album to be released, the band has put out the Spotlight EP to hold us off. While it only contains 4 tracks, it’s one that shows that the band’s creative juices are still flowing. If you have the Twilight soundtrack, then you already heard Spotlight. The track Clockwork is one that the band played at various shows during their last tour. I heard them perform it at their Gramercy Theater show in NYC and I remember being impressed. Since then, I’ve waited to hear it on an album and now I got the chance here. Since I only heard it played live, I must say that the album track lacks the energy that you’d get from their show. But it’s still a great song nonetheless. The Son Lux remix of Spotlight has got some pretty slamming beats on it that get stuck in my head every time I hear it. Overall this is one EP that has some great tracks, although I wish it had more. I guess I’ll just have to wait for ARMISTICE.

Track Listing for the Spotlight EP:
1. Spotlight
2. Clockwork
3. Earlylight
4. Spotlight (Son Lux Remix)

No comments: