SATURDAY MORNING CARTOONS 1970’s VOLUME 1 (DVD)











The nostalgia never ends...

There is just something about older cartoons that the newer ones can’t compete with. I can’t pinpoint it, but the older ones are just sooooo much fun to watch. Nothing against modern cartoons, in fact I like a lot of them. But I will probably always prefer the classics to the modern ones. Since I grew up as an 80’s child, I was too young to see the great shows that were out in the 1970’s (except for watching the reruns). I wonder what it would have been like to watch them on Saturday mornings like I did for the shows in the 80’s. Having said all of that, I have to mention a GREAT new DVD set that shouldn’t be missed by any cartoon lover. Saturday Morning Cartoons 1970’s Volume 1 is a 2-disc set that contains 12 episodes from some of the best cartoons that were out during that decade. This set is a must see, especially if you never got to watch these shows before. There are episodes of The Jetsons, The Batman/Tarzan Adventure Hour, Hong Kong Phooey, Yogi’s Gang, Amazing Chan and the Chan Clan, Josie and the Pussycats, The New Scooby-Doo Movies, Funky Phantom, and many others I’ve never heard of until now. Considering how old these cartoons are, the quality of the episodes here are as good as new. So if you feel the need to watch some really good classic cartoons, then this collection shouldn’t be missed.

No comments: