Alvin And The Chipmunks (DVD)













Jason Lee has always been one of my favorite actors. I think it was connected to the fact that he had an appearance in most of Kevin Smith's films (Mallrats, Chasing Amy). Anyway, I thought it would be interesting to see him play Dave Seville on Alvin And The Chipmunks. Now he won't win an Oscar for this role, but I thought he pulled off Dave pretty well. But the real stars of this show were Alvin, Simon, and Theodore. After a long wait, these chipmunks were brought to life through advanced CGI. Thankfully, they didn't sabatoge the film by changing their personalities. Other than the fact that they sing modern songs, I thought they stayed true to their personalities from the cartoon. This family film also takes an effort to poke fun at how mainstream entertainment has traided authentic creativity for the big bucks. More specifically, it addresses how overwhelming it can be for children in the entertainment industry. It highlighted how greedy executives overwork the hell out of some kids, just to increase their funds. I never thought I'd get that from watching this. I expected a fun family film (which it was), and surprisingly got more than that.

Alvin And The Chipmunks is out now on DVD.

No comments: