Things I've Learned from Women Who've Dumped Me












Things I've Learned from Women Who've Dumped Me
Ben Karlin

Yes, men do have feelings. And not all guys are dogs. And guys get their heads (and hearts) fucked with just as much as women! I've known both guys and girls who have been in some kind of relationship that has torn them apart. But one thing they all had in common was that they gained valuable info from the bad relationships that helped them with future ones. (Holy shit, why do I sound like Dr. Phil?) Anyway, there's a book out called Things I've Learned from Women Who've Dumped Me that nails down the point I'm trying to make in a hilarious way. Edited by Ben Karlin (former executive producer of The Daily Show with Jon Stewart and The Colbert Report) this book contains essays written by people like Andy Richter, Stephen Colbert, and AJ Jacobs, where they all share (in a hysterical way) their experiences in a bad relationship, and what was learned from it. There were so many times I laughed out loud while reading all their confessions. To get an idea of the humor, here is a list of some of the essay titles:

Sex Is The Most Stressful Thing In The History Of The Universe
Girls Don't Make Passes at Boys with Fat Asses
Beware of Math Tutors Who Ride Motorcycles
The Heart Is a Choking Hazard

Along with being funny, I found there is some hidden wisdom that can be gained by reading it. Any guys out there planning to read this book, you and your current lover will be thankful you did.

No comments: