Lil Wayne - Tha Carter III











What the hell did he just say?

That’s what usually ran through my head whenever I heard the eccentric rapper known as Lil Wayne. I grew up on a heavy dose of NYC hip-hop, so getting into the "Dirty South" style took a while for me. Lately, the more I listen to it the more I realize that the South has an advantage in hip-hop when it comes to making sick beats. I never really liked Lil Wayne’s music before and had no plans to give it a chance. It took a copy of his album Tha Carter III to land in my hands to get me to listen. This album is an eclectic mess of hard beats and spaced out rhymes that make it one of the most interesting hip-hop albums I’ve heard in a while. I can’t play it all the time because I’ll get really sick of it. But it is one that I like to play from time to time to hear something unique, especially my favorite track on the album called A Milli.

No comments: